New Hampshire Vegetable & Berry Growers' Association Meeting
Date: Saturday, February 2, 2019
Time: 9am -3:30pm (registration at 8:30 am)
Please Note Our location: We’ll be with the NH Farm & Forest Expo at the Doubletree Hotel in Manchester NH. Inquire at the meeting for a reduced rate to visit the Expo. (http://www.nhfarmandforestexpo.org)
Cost: $5 NHVBGA members, $10 non-members
This meeting offers 3.5 recertification credits for pesticide applicators.
The agenda will include:
- 10 things we’ve learned from on-farm FSMA inspections – Pooh Sprague & Vickie Smith
- NH insect pests update & welcome to our new IPM Specialist! – Anna Wallingford, UNH Extension
- Labor regulations: what you need to know – Kelly Connelley or Steven McKinney, NH Dept. of Labor
- Tips for raising healthy vegetable transplants – Jonathan Ebba, UNH Extension
- Vegetable & strawberry variety updates – David Handley, UMaine Extension
- Commercial member show & tell
- Lunch (on your own; available at the Expo) and Visit Expo/Trade Show
- NHVBGA Business Meeting
- New programs available for NH growers
- Innovations in strawberry production – David Handley, UMaine Extension
- Featured Farm: Looking at alternative strategies to build market share – Andre Cantelmo, Heron Pond Farm and Three River Alliance
No need to pre-register. To inquire about NHVBGA membership, please contact: Raymond Deary, firstname.lastname@example.org; 603-648-6183, PO Box 333, Salisbury NH 03268.
If you need special accommodations to participate, please contact Shyloh Favreau at email@example.com or 603-862-3200 by January 26, 2019.