NH Fruit Growers Association Annual Meeting
We invite you to this year's NH Fruit Growers Association Annual Meeting, offering a full day of workshops, plus come and meet the new Agricultural Commissioner Jasper.
9:00 – 9:45 Growing Hard Apple Cider Apples – A Grower Prospective - Grower Panel Discussion
- Varieties – Steve Wood, Poverty Lane Orchards & Farnum Hill Cider, Lebanon, NH
- Growing – Chuck Souther, Apple Hill Farm, Concord, NH
- The Legal Paperwork - Giff Burnap, Butternut Farm, Farmington, NH
9:45 – 10:30 Marketing at Our Farm - Honey Pot Hill Orchards
- Andrew and Chelcie Martin are third and fourth generation farmers at Honey Pot Hill Orchards in Stow, Massachusetts.
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 11:15 Tall Spindle – Vertical Axis Apple Trees? A grower’s prospective!
- Tyler Hardy, Brookdale Fruit Farm, Hollis
11:15 – 11:45 Marketing Update from the NH Dept. of Agriculture, Markets & Food
- Gail McWilliam Jellie, Director - Division of Agricultural Development, NHDAM&F
11:45 – 12:00 Meet the NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food Commissioner
- Commissioner Shawn Jasper
12:00 – 12:15 Commercial Member Introduction
- Tyler Hardy, NH Fruit Growers’ Association – President
12:15 - 1:15 Lunch - provided by Washington Street Café
1:15 – 2:15 NH Fruit Growers’ Association Annual Meeting
- Tyler Hardy, NHFGA – Pres.; Madison Hardy, NHFGA – Sec.; Paul Franklin, NHFGA – Treas. 2017 Annual Meeting Minutes, 2017 Treasurer’s Report, 2018 Treasurer’s Budget, Research Fund Report, US Apple Council Report, Labor Rules Report, Nominating Committee Report, Other Business
2:15 – 3:00 Biological Control of Apple Diseases
- Dr. Anissa Poleatewich, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences, UNH
3:00 – 4:00 Tree Fruit Insect Pests - Reflection over Past 38 Years
- Alan Eaton, Emeritus - Extension Professor/Specialist, UNH Extension
(6.0 PAT credits)
- Audubon Center - Silk Farm Road, Concord NH View Map
Registration fees are $30 per member and $35 per non-member to cover the cost of refreshments and lunch. Deadline to register is March 17th, 2018.
For more information:
Please RSVP with Madison Hardy at (603) 630-1549 or email at email@example.com. If you need special accommodations to participate, please contact Madison at least 7 days prior to the event.