NH Lakes Lay Monitoring Program 40th Anniversary Celebration and Conference
9:00am - 4:00pm
Join us as we celebrate 40 years of volunteer monitoring!
Poster, Displays and Networking Session (9:00 - 10:00 a.m.)
- Continental Breakfast
- Squam Lakes Association
- Invited Dignitaries (to be confirmed)
Dr. Alan Baker, UNH Department of Biological Sciences
- Origins: How We Got Started
Dr. James Haney, UNH Department of Biological Sciences
- Citizen Monitoring: Today and In the Future
Jeff Schloss, Extension Natural Resources Program Team Leader
- 40 Years of Collaborative Research: What have we learned?
Lunch (12:00 - 1:00 p.m.)
- Seeing Your Data in a New Way
- EPA "Cyanomobile" & Cyanobacteria Monitoring
- "Data to Action" Panel
- Aquatic Plants
Break Out Session I
In response to the lighting talks - Choose 1 from below.
- Seeing Your Data in a New Way: Feedback session about water quality reports and how data are presented to you.
- EPA "Cyanomobile" & Cyanobacteria Monitoring: Tour the mobile laboratory and learn more about our regional cyanobacteria monitoring efforts.
- "Data to Action" Panel: Hear from organizations who have had used LLMP data to impact their community.
- Aquatic Plants: Hands on identification and discussion.
Break Out Session II
Sessions are repeated - Choose another from above.
Closing Remarks (3:45 pm)
- Bob Craycraft, LLMP Program Manager