NH Vegetable and Berry Growers' Annual [VIRTUAL] Meeting
This online event is free, but registration at the link below is required. 1.5 recertfication credits for certified pesticide applicators are available.
The agenda includes:
9-10:30am Postharvest Handling for Efficiency, Safety and Profit
Chris Callahan from UVM Extension will discuss planning an efficient and safe wash-pack area to minimize food safety risks and help growers set up efficient operations to sanitize and effectively remove plant and human pathogens. We’ll also hear first-hand experience with washing/pack/storage design from the following:
- Mark Fasching and Christa Alexanders, Jericho Settlers’ Farm, VT
- Dave Paulk, Sassafras Creek Farm, MD
- Benner Dana and Danielle Allen, Root 5 Farm, VT
- Taylor and Jake Mendell, Footprint Farm, VT
10:30-11am Meet the New Extension Specialists!
We’ll hear from two new UNH Extension Specialists, and you’ll learn what they do and in what ways they look forward to working with vegetable and berry growers in the region!
- Kenesha Reynolds, UNH Extension Specialist in Ag Business Management.
- Muhammad Shahid, UNH Extension Greenhouse Management Specialist.
11-11:30am Perspectives from a Career in Agricultural Extension
Our own George Hamilton, UNH Extension Fruit and Vegetable Field Specialist, plans to retire in June 2021. He’ll share insights and perspectives from his 30-year career as an extension educator working with NH’s vegetable and fruit growers.
11:30am-1pm NHVBGA Business Meeting
Elections, Review of New By-Laws