Northern New England Dairy Discussions [Resource]
Responding to a Changing Industry (ME, NH, VT)
Dairy farmers in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont are invited to join us for two free, virtual meetings to get industry updates and discuss strategies to help navigate through these challenging times. Farmers will hear from state extension specialists, Farm Service Agency, dairy cooperatives, and other dairy farmers in the region. These meetings will provide producers an opportunity to connect with one another, and to ask and discuss questions surrounding these issues.
Webinar Recordings (click session titles to access)
- AgriMark Update, Catherine De Ronde, Agri-Mark Dairy Economist
- DFA Update, Leon Berthiaume, St Albans Creamery CEO
- Federal Programs and Financial Support for Dairies, Jeff Holmes, NH FSA
- COP Issues and “Rightsizing” Tool, Tony Kitsos, UVM Extension
- Heifer and Cull Cow Management, Pete Erickson, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Managing Crops for Cost and Quality, Carl Majewski UNH Cooperative Extension
- Is Managed Intensive Grazing Right For You?, Rick Kersbergen, UMaine Cooperative Extension
- Feeding Strategies for Proper Nutrition, Gary Anderson, UMaine Cooperative Extension
For questions or special accommodations, please email Elaina Enzien at firstname.lastname@example.org. These meetings are in partnership with the University of Maine Cooperative Extension and the University of Vermont Extension.