POSTPONED - 2021 STEaMpunk Chain Reaction Challenge - Till the Cows Come Home
Due to the ongoing pandemic, STEaMpunk Challenge will not be held at a large public gathering this summer. We are planning for a smaller outdoor event this fall.
STEaMpunk Chain Reactions are crazy contraptions that do something simple, like bringing the cows home, with an overly complicated series of chain reactions. This year 4-H members have a chance to build a STEaMpunk Chain Reaction machine that Brings the Cows Home and showcase it later this year.
Till the Cows Come Home
This old farmers idiom means something that will likely take a long time, since it was no guarantee when the cows would finally come home! In the STEaMpunk Chalin Reaction Challenge, 4-Hers work to design and build a unique contraption that completes a chain reaction of events that does bring the cows home. Any cow will work, but not live ones. All participating teams must include at least two cows .
The Rules Your invention must:
- Include 2 or more cows. Complete 5 or more steps
- Have a run time of 2 minutes or less
- Fit inside a 12 ft2 footprint and be no taller than 4’
- Be free standing
- Individuals or family teams are ideal.
- Get help from a parent, coach, advisor or mentor
- Do some research – Google terms like "Rube Goldberg machine" or "chain reaction machine"
- Collect a big pile of stuff and start tinkering
Showcase your Invention later this fall an event to be determined soon.
Registration Opens June 2nd through 4-H Online.
For more information contact Claes Thelemarck or click the links below for complete rules and goal setting guidelines.