[POSTPONED] - Rockingham and Strafford Counties 4-H 2020 County Activities Day and Fashion Revue
Due to the public health concern caused by the COVID-19 virus, UNH administration made the decision to cancel all UNH Cooperative Extension events, programs and noncredit classes through April 5. The health and safety of our staff and the many members of our New Hampshire communities that participate in our programs is most important. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this uncertain time.
There is no need to bring your work into the county office at this time.
The new date will be posted here as soon as possible and announced in our newsletter (sign up).
About the Event
Share your interests and test your skills! County Activities Day is an annual county event that provides youth the opportunity to build skills and confidence in the realm of public speaking. Youth participate in one or more of a variety of categories aimed at conveying emotion, information, and skills through public speaking, visual aid, and even performance. This event helps 4-H members learn and strengthen ways to express themselves. Each event is judged by a helpful and knowledgeable set of evaluators that provide both in-person and written feedback to participants.
This year, County Activities Day and Fashion Revue will be combined in one event. Fashion Revue gives you the opportunity to showcase garments you have created by sewing, knitting, or crocheting. Participants are evaluated based on consumer decision making, quality of construction, degree of difficulty, modeling, fit, and appearance.
Drop-off deadline for posters, photography, Flix videos, and Fashion Revue items to your County Extension office: Friday, March 13
Schedule for the Day
- 10:30-11:00 Registration and Judges Training
- 11:00-1:00 Action Exhibits, Demonstrations, and Public Speaking
- 1:00-2:00 Lunch and Guest Demonstrations
- 2:00-3:00 Fashion Show
- 3:00-3:30 Awards Ceremony
What You Can Present
- Action Exhibits (Guidelines)
- Demonstrations (Guidelines)
- Public Speaking (Guidelines)
- Poster (Guidelines and Entry Form)
- Photography (Guidelines and Entry Form)
- Flix Videos (Guidelines)
- Fashion Revue (Guidelines)
- Fashion Selections (Guidelines)
What needs to be dropped off for evaluation prior to the event?
Deadline: Friday, March 13 to either Rockingham or Strafford County Extension Office
- Posters (Entry Form)
- Photos (Entry Form)
- Flix Videos (Media Release Form | Entry Form)
- Fashion Revue Items (Project Description Form)
- Fashion Selections (Entry Form)
- Action Exhibit Score Sheet
- Demonstration Score Sheet
- STEMonstration Score Sheet
- Public Speaking Score Sheet
- 4-H Promotional Poster Exhibit Score Sheet
- Educational Poster Exhibit Score Sheet
- Photography Score Sheet
- Flix Video Score Sheet
- Fashion Selections Judging Sheet
- Fashion Garment Judging Sheet
- Photography Tip Sheet
- Suggestions for Writing a 4-H Fashion Revue Script
- Guidelines for 4-H Clothing Construction Projects
- Fashion Selections Fact Sheet
If you are interested in being a judge or volunteering for County Activities Day/Fashion Revue, please call the Strafford County Extension Office at 603-749-2529.