Rockingham County 4-H Pathway BBQ
This BBQ will be a time when we can connect as leaders and influencers of Rockingham County 4-H. We can enjoy time together as a community and develop meaningful programs and opportunities for 4-H youth this upcoming year.
Open to all 4-H parents, interested adults, and volunteers. No kids allowed at this one! That would be like if you let them help wrap their birthday presents.
Schedule for the evening:
- 5:00 Arrive
- 5:15 Whole group intro activity
- 5:45 Pathway small group break out Session 1
- 6:15 BBQ and lawn game social
- 7:15 Pathway small group break out Session 2
- 8:00 Depart
Before RSVPing, take a couple of minutes to skim through the pathway program areas. I hope at least one jumps out at you and you will consider joining that cohort to kickstart the formation of projects, programs, events, and opportunities for 4-H in the 2021-22 program year.
- 4-H for All Learning Styles – Youth have many different learning styles, developmental variations, and a range of abilities. Rockingham County 4-H is aiming to become the most inclusive youth development organization out there this year. If you have children with special needs of any kind, are a Volunteer in a Club or program with youth who have special needs, or are someone with expertise in the field of accommodating youth with special needs, I hope you consider joining this cohort.
- Animal Science – If you are a Fair Superintendent (or considering it), are involved in an animal-related Club, are a parent of a youth who shows at the fair or County Horse Show, or a parent who has ideas for animal science programs, events, and opportunities, I hope you consider joining this cohort. Special call-out to recent 4-H Youth Alumni of animal science programs to come!
- Civic Engagement – If you have been involved with the Youth Leadership Team, have a youth who has been/is, have worked in local government or have connections with someone who does, or have service-learning experience or ideas, I hope you consider joining this cohort.
- Horticulture Science – Do you have a garden, know about hydroponics, or household and urban gardening? Horticulture science is quickly growing in popularity and it is important to capture it. If you have interest and skills in gardening or growing of any kind, I hope you consider joining this cohort.
- STEM/Makers – There is so much to tap into in the realm of STEM/Makers. If you are involved in a Club that tinkers or crafts, have worked with Claes on his events, been involved with Craftapalooza or Makers Mates, or have experience in STEM and some cool craft ideas, I hope you consider joining this cohort.
- Wildside/Healthy Living – Another vast realm of projects, events, experiences, and opportunities. Do you have wilderness experience? Did you participate in a Wildside Challenge? Have you ever led a group hike? Do you have boating experience? Can you instruct yoga or exercise classes? Can you help us switch to a healthier diet or lifestyle? If you have wilderness recreation experience, have exercise certifications, or are a health-conscious individual, I hope you consider joining this cohort.
You might resonate with more than one of these program pathway areas. You will be able to operate in multiple pathways later if you choose. For this evening, just select your dominant area of interest!
Please RSVP by Friday, July 2.