From Tails to Snouts, the Ins and Outs of Raising Pigs
Did you miss this workshop series? Click on the titles below for session recordings.
Are you thinking about raising pigs for yourself or your family? Do you already have pigs, but want to brush up on some of the basics? Join us for this three-part series on the ins and outs of what it takes to raise pigs successfully in New Hampshire. From regulations and housing to health and nutrition, we’ll start with the basics and end with more in-depth topics you can apply to your herd immediately. Each session will cover something different, so be sure to sign on for all three!
- Regulations, Reportable Diseases, and More; NH Department Agriculture, Market & Food
- Protecting your herd with good biosecurity; Elaina Enzien, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Site Selection, Housing and Fencing; Nick Rowley, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Animal Welfare, Handling and Processing Considerations; Elaina Enzien, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Insider Tips from NH Pork Producers
- University of Maine Cooperative Extension Assistant Extension Professor and Livestock Specialist, Colt Knight dives deeper into breeds, breeding, nutrition and health.