Virtual S.A.F.E. Workshop for Food Pantries
Join University of New Hampshire Extension’s food safety team for a free online safe food handling workshop specifically for workers and volunteers with any food pantry, not just members with the NH Food Bank.
The training will cover:
- Why food workers should not be working when ill.
- The importance of personal health & hand hygiene.
- Preventing the spread of pathogens in the food pantry.
- Why cleaning & sanitizing are key in keeping a food safe pantry.
- Understanding & applying food dating
- When to accept or reject donations.
- Tips for safe distribution of food
Certificates of attendance will be available after the program. NOTE: Certificates will be sent to the NH Food Bank to fulfill required food safety training for member agencies.