What farms and small businesses NEED to know to comply with the Family First Corona Virus Response Act. Don’t Ignore it!
This webinar has passed, but you can find our session notes here
Our tool for Employee Documentation for Taking Paid Sick Leave PDF: https://unh.box.com/s/odiofw2hccduo6fgo9h4eqj9ocwka9tv
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) requires private businesses with fewer than 500 employees to provide employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. The requirements including notifying employees, are in effect: April 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020.
- Many farms and small businesses think they are exempt or this does not apply, likely this is NOT true!
- Farms and natural resource businesses are among those that need to comply.
- The FFCRA also contains provisions which enable businesses to recover sick leave related costs through tax credits.
To help you understand FFCRA provisions, we are bringing in Steven McKinney, the Community Outreach and Resource Planning Specialist for the Northern New England District Office of the United States Department of Labor.
This webinar will cover:
- The details of the Act
- How to meet requirements and recover expenses
- Explain what conditions may exempt a business from complying to one aspect tof his new law
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.