Winter 2021 4-H Makers Mates
Maker's Mates is exactly like the traditional Pen Pals program, but with a fun 4-H twist! Instead of sending letters to your buddy, you can send a piece of art or a craft of some kind that YOU MAKE.
For the Winter 2021 round of Makers Mates, your art or craft can be holiday or winter-themed if you like!
How it Works
Sign up via 4HOnline by the end of the day on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. You will then be linked with a Maker Mate of a similar age.
During the week of January 11, you will receive your Maker Mate’s name, age, address, and a black zip lock bag to mail your finished art or craft in. You will have until January 26 to make and mail your art or craft.
Leave the art or craft that was mailed to you in the black bag until February 2. We will hold a really quick and fun Zoom where we all open our bags TOGETHER!
Zoom Reveal Party: Tuesday, February 2, 6:00-6:30pm.Registration closes Wednesday, January 6.
Need some inspiration for what you create? Check out some of these great ideas!
- Playful Pencil Pals
- Sew Your Own Lucky 4-H Clover
- Bookmarks from the Ways to Create. So many ways to make your bookmarks super fun and exciting! Consider making a collection for your new Maker Mate, using several of the ideas.
- Stickers from Scratch from marthastewart.com. Who doesn’t love stickers? Follow this guide to making your own stickers using pictures from magazines or online. Use them to decorate your envelopes and to send to your Maker’s Mate so they can enjoy them where ever they want. Don’t forget to send instructions on how to attach them.
- Dried Leaves and Flowers. Send a little bit of your own backyard through the mail using this handy guide to pressing leaves and flowers. Make sure they’re safely wrapped for their journey through the mail – they tend to be fragile.
- Craft Stick Photo Puzzles from craftulate. Take a picture – of a tree, a bird, a flower, a favorite 4-H project, whatever you like, and follow these instructions on how to make a photo puzzle with craft sticks.