Women in Livestock Business
9:00am - 3:30pm
Inspired by Annie's Project Programming, the Women in Livestock Business workshop is a spin on our traditional Annie's Project programming that will focus solely on topics surrounding livestock production and business management. Topics include:
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Rules and regulations livestock producers need to know
- Branding and marketing, what makes you unique?
- Pricing your products and knowing your numbers
- Grazing and pasture management
- How to meet the nutritional needs of your livestock
- Infrastructure and facilities best suited for your operation
This program will run every Friday for four weeks on February 15, 22 & March 1, 8. First class must be attended in person, but subsequent classes will have remote access capabilities. In addition to the classwork, two Field Days will be scheduled in the spring-fall of 2019 at an agreed upon date among participants.
Limited scholarship opportunities are available, courtesy of Yankee Farm Credit. To be eligible you must be either a beginner farmer or Yankee Farm Credit member. To request a scholarship contact Kelly McAdam or Elaina Enzien.
This program is co-sponsored by UVM Extension and USDA Risk Management Agency. For special accommodations, please contact Elaina Enzien prior to the event start date. At least 15 business days are needed to accommodate requests.