The 4-H Goat Project involves raising, caring, learning about animal health, nutrition, breeding, selection, and marketing.
The New Hampshire 4-H Dairy Goat Project focuses on raising dairy goats for milk and dairy product production. The 4-H Meat Goat Project focuses on raising goats for meat production. The 4-H goat project offers outstanding opportunities for individuals to gain experience in decision making, record keeping, responsibility, sportsmanship and leadership.
You don’t have to have your own goat to participate. You can lease an animal and/or participate in a variety of the activities and events that are offered.
Required Participant Age: 8-18 as of January 1 of the current year (12 and older to go on to Eastern States Exposition.
Required Animal Age: 4 months+
Animal Vaccinations: Rabies vaccination (recommended vet administered) 30 days and not more than one year prior to the date of the first show, or 4-H event. Animal must be 3 months of age before vaccination.
For members, volunteers, leaders and parents
- Exhibitor Responsibilities
- Information about NE 4-H Fair at the Eastern States Exposition July 2021
- NH Guide 4-H Goat Program
- USDA Scrapie Fact Sheet (Scrapie Tag Required for all Sheep and Goats at NH Fairs and Shows)
- AGDA F & S and Herdsmanship Scorecards
- AGDA Dairy Goat Scorecard
- ESE Sheep and Goat Qualification Form
- Eastern States Exposition 4-H Dairy Goat Show - September, West Springfield, MA
New effective 2019 there are changes in NH 4-H Int... Learn More