The New Hampshire 4-H Horse Project focuses learning around equines such as horses, donkeys and mules. You don’t have to have your own animal to participate in the New Hampshire 4-H Horse Project. Youth have the opportunity to learn riding, driving, showing in hand, gymkhana, management, science, nutrition, safety and care. Members gain skills in basic horse care and animal science. There are lots of activities youth without an owned or leased horse can do! Click on the links below for more information.
New to the 4-H Horse Project? Check out the NH 4-H Horse Project Fact Sheet for more information. To find others in your county participating in the Horse Project Area, contact your county 4-H office by clicking here.
Forms, resources and Fact sheets here for members, volunteers, leaders and parents
NH State 4-H Horse Show Includes entry packet and information for the show. Two divisions of WALK-TROT for exhibitors age 12+ as of 1/1 will be included in the 2021 show! Novice Walk-Trot and Open Walk-Trot. A readiness form (included in the show packet) will be required for Walk-Trot riders. Mark your calendars for July16-18, 2021 when we will have ALUMNI classes!
- NH 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl Contest- TBD -- working on a virtual option.
- NH 4-H Horse Program Cover Design Contest ; Designs must be received by fax mail or email at state office by 2/19 (click the link for more information)
- NH 4-H Hippology Contest- VIRTUAL (emailed materials) 4/16-23.
- NH 4-H Horse Judging Contest- April 10 (tentative) Location TBD.
- NH 4-H "Horse of the Year" Peter Stone Model Horses Contest Form – 2020 Nominations due to State Office April 15th
- NH 4-H Horse Communications Contest- At NH 4-H Presents! (State Activities Day)
- New England Regional 4-H Horse Contest - October 2021, Date TBD
- NE 4-H Fair Horse Show at Eastern States Exposition, West Springfield, MA, July info and class list
- New England 4-H Horse Judge's School Packet Next judge's school 2022!
- American Youth Horse Council Symposium Information and Registration 4-H age 14+ as of January .
- Eastern National 4-H Horse Round-Up - November, Louisville, KY
Project Manual, Rules and other Resources
- NH 4-Horse Project Manual and Resources includes **GREAT MEMBER AND LEADER RESOURCES* includes NH and New England 4-H Horse Show Rules and Resources
- New England 4-H Horse Show Judges list