Emma has been a fixture Extension’s horticulture programming since joining Extension in 2017. Her career prior to Extension is rich in public horticulture and education, from internships at Longwood Gardens and the Morris Arboretum, both in Pennsylvania, to positions at Heritage Museums & Gardens in Sandwich, MA, and Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston, MA.
As Field Specialist, Emma's primary role is providing research-based programming and technical assistance to green-industry businesses throughout the state, including nursery, garden center, and landscape operations, while also serving the broader agricultural community of Hillsborough County. Emma also shares her expertise regularly on WMUR’s Grow it Green gardening feature and through her weekly gardening column, as well as through workshops, courses, and new programs.
- Calculating Lawn Fertilizer Rates [fact sheet]
- Calibrating a Fertilizer Spreader [video]
- Care of Flowering Gift Plants in the Home [fact sheet]
- Choosing Seed for the Home Lawn [video]
- Fertilizing A Lawn [video]
- Garden Mulches [fact sheet]
- Groundcovers for New Hampshire [fact sheet]
- Grub Control [video]
- Lawn Renovation [video]
- Mulching Trees and Shrubs [video]