Emma has been a fixture Extension’s horticulture programming since joining Extension in 2017. Her career prior to Extension is rich in public horticulture and education, from internships at Longwood Gardens and the Morris Arboretum, both in Pennsylvania, to positions at Heritage Museums & Gardens in Sandwich, MA, and Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston, MA.
As Field Specialist, Emma's primary role is providing research-based programming and technical assistance to green-industry businesses throughout the state, including nursery, garden center, and landscape operations, while also serving the broader agricultural community of Hillsborough County. Emma also shares her expertise regularly on WMUR’s Grow it Green gardening feature and through her weekly gardening column, as well as through workshops, courses, and new programs.
- Organic Turf: Frequently Asked Questions
- Plant Health Webinar Series 2020
- Plant Sales and Jumping Worms
- Pruning Deciduous Trees [fact sheet]
- Pruning Hydrangeas [fact sheet]
- Purchasing Top Soil [fact sheet]
- Science Bonanza - Hydroponics: What, Why and How?
- Science Bonanza - Water Transport in Plants
- The Basics of Pruning Trees and Shrubs [fact sheet]
- Winter Bird Feeding [fact sheet]