Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch
Work as a team to design and build a unique invention that completes a chain reaction of events that counts chickens along the way. Any kind of chicken may be used, but not live ones. All participating teams must include more than one chicken and count each one in some way. How they include and count each chicken is up to each team. Chickens can be used in any step. Just don't put all your eggs in one basket.
The Rules Your invention must:
- Include 2 or more "chickens" and count them in some way.
- Complete 5 or more steps
- Have a run time of 2 minutes or less
- Fit inside a 16 ft2 footprint and be no taller than 5’
- Be free standing
- Start a team (4-8 kids) ages 8 – 18
- Find a coach or advisor
- Do some research – google terms like "Rube Goldberg machine"
- Collect a big pile of stuff and start tinkering
Showcase your Invention Inventions will be showcased at the 4-H Makers Expo on April 18, 2020 and evaluated by STEaM professionals to be eligible for prizes.
Registration information coming in January. For more information contact Claes Thelemarck or click the links below for complete rules and goal setting guidelines.