If you like to build things, figure out how they work, or just enjoy using your hands, then the 4-H Virtual Tinkering Club may be for you. Each month we will get together via Zoom to unbox and explore a new 4-H Tinkering kit. We’ll explore the parts and any tools needed to build then and ideas for building with the parts in your kit. Each kit offers a basic model to build and if you’re a hacker, you can find extra materials from your recycling bin or junk drawer modify your kit. Between meetings you can build and create on your own and share your results or ask questions in our Virtual “Clubhouse” using an online virtual learning platform. Each month you will be sent a new kit to explore and Tinker.
There will be four initial monthly meetings followed by other 4-H STEM/Maker projects.
- March 24 – Kickoff meeting and 4-H Wind Lift Activity unboxing
- April 28 – 4-H Super Wiggle-bot kit unboxing and Wind Lift Share-a-thon
- May 26 – 4-H Hydraulic Claw Activity unboxing and Wiggle-bot Share-a-thon
- June 23 – Build a Boat Activity unboxing and Hydraulic Claw Share-a-thon
- June 26 – Youth will be invited to give a " VIrtual Demonstration" at NH 4-H Presents
We are looking for helpers to co-lead "mini-meetings". These are check-in meetings with smaller groups of youth that fall between the main meetings. 4-H meeting helpers will be trained and receive support from 4-H staff.
This Virtual Tinkering Club is open to youth 8 and up. If you are not a 4-H Member it’s easy to sign up.
There is a $20 fee for each child. A fee is charged for this Extension program to cover costs. A limited number of scholarships are available to individuals unable to pay. Please contact Jody Jackson, for scholarship information.
Opens February 24, 2021