- Connect VGA cable to laptop and projector.
- Turn on LCD projector first.
- Turn on laptop after LCD projector.
- If after a few minutes the projector is not displaying the laptop image then press Fn (function) F8. Press Fn F8,wait a few seconds, if no image appears, press Fn F8 again.
- PowerPoint files have a .ppt file extension.
- Presentations will be found on folder on the desktop.
- Open presentation folder on desktop; double click on desired presentation to open it.
- Click Insert, select Text Box.
- Click on slide where you will want text to appear.
- In the Font section of the menu bar, choose font, font style, size and color.
- Type text.
- Click outside of the text box to confirm text.
Position & Resize Text
- To move text, click on text box and hover the cursor over it until a 4-point arrow appears
- Hold down the mouse button and drag text box.
- To resize a text box, hover the cursor over the box until a 2 point arrow appears.
- Hold down the mouse button and drag to desired size.
- To resize text you can click on the text box and make selections in the Font section of the menu bar.
- To edit text, click on text with cursor and then edit.
Insert & Edit Pictures
- Click Insert, select Picture, select From File
- Navigate to desired photo, click on photo with mouse, select Insert or double click photo with mouse.
- To move picture hover the cursor over the box until a 4-point arrow appears
- Hold down the mouse button and drag picture box.
- To resize a picture, hover the cursor over the picture until a 2 point arrow appears.
- Hold down the mouse button and drag.
- • Or right click on the picture and click Format Picture to adjust picture size, position, color and line.
- Or click on the picture to select, and the Picture Tools Format toolbar will appear in the menu bar. This toolbar will allow you to crop the picture and perform a variety of photo editing tasks.
- Create new slide: click Insert, select New Slide.
- Hide slide: click Slide Show, select Hide Slide, or right click on slide; select Hide Slide.
- Run slide show: click on Slide Show, select From Beginning or From Current Slide.
- Advance slides: use Up and Down arrow keys on keyboard; or click on mouse; or advance with remote.
- Exit slide show: press Esc on keyboard; or right click on mouse, a menu will appear where you can
- select End Show.
Print Slides, Handouts and Notes
- To print: Click File, then select Print. Under Settings select Notes, Handouts or Slides based on your needs.
- Use Preview function to make sure it will print what you want.