Updated October 14, 2021:
All parents and guardians of New Hampshire 4-H participants
are required to review these guidelines.
The safety of our youth, families, volunteers, and event participants remains New Hampshire 4-H's overriding priority. To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure, all participants in in-person 4-H experiences must adhere to the following guidelines before, during, and after the event. 4-H experiences include club meetings, events, SPINs, farm visits, or any other in-person 4-H activity or program.
1. Face-covering use, Physical distancing:
- Masks are not required to be worn outdoors but are required for indoor activities for every participant.
Physical distancing guidelines:
- Physical distancing: 3-ft (or 6-ft when eating/drinking)
2. Wash and/or sanitize your hands frequently.
Hand sanitizer and handwashing stations will be available and should be used frequently. Once home, hands, clothes, and tools should be cleaned thoroughly with soap and water.
3. If your child is feeling illness of any kind, DO NOT attend the program.
- If a student feels ill during the program, they must immediately report it to the adult in charge of the program. The student will be isolated until such time that a parent/guardian or other authorized adult can pick up the child. Pick-up must occur immediately.
- For an overnight program, a parent/guardian or other authorized adult will pick up the child that same day. We can not provide overnight isolation for an ill or exposed student.
4. Health Attestation
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure, all participants must complete a simple health screening. This health screening must be completed on all days you are scheduled to attend a 4-H or UNH program.
- The health questions can be completed online prior to the event, via Paper Health Screening or verbally with a 4-H Staff member or Volunteer.
5. Agreement of Risk.
Even with extensive protocols in place, UNH cannot guarantee there will not be a case of or exposure to COVID-19 in youth programs. Should that occur, health and safety for all participants and staff are the priority.
Parent and legal guardians, please note:
Upon signing into your 4-H experience, you are acknowledging that you have reviewed this document and understand and agree to its contents and expectations. You also understand that these protocols may change and that UNH reserves the right to cancel a program at any time due to fluid COVID-19 conditions. Further, my child(ren) and I will abide by all protocols required by UNH and its youth programs to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure, and I understand that the risk of COVID-19 exposure is possible, and you assume that risk for my child(ren).