Michelle focuses on developing Horticulture focused 4-H Pathways (i.e., interconnected programs and events that help youth interested in horticulture explore the topic and career on their way to becoming True Leaders).
Michelle has worked with the NH 4-H program since 2012. Her work began as she provided leadership for the Merrimack County 4-H Program as the county Program Manager. Her efforts included providing leadership in developing age appropriate youth programing, recruiting and supporting volunteers, and expanding program outreach throughout the county. As the NH 4-H Horticulture Field Specialist Michelle focuses on developing Horticulture focused 4-H Pathways (i.e., interconnected programs and events that help youth interested in horticulture explore the topic and career on their way to becoming True Leaders). These pathways are developed with a particular eye towards connecting older youth with job skills and career readiness.
“With a passion for 4-H and a love of agriculture I am excited to accept the position of Merrimack County 4-H Horticulture Field Specialist. It is an honor to be able to work with content specialists, county staff, and volunteers to develop a pathway which brings youth closer to their food source and exposes them to potential horticulture careers. Horticulture is such a vibrant field with many components and I look forward to exploring all of these in the NH 4-H program.”
- 2008 New England College - Henniker, NH - Masters of Science Management: Strategic Leadership
- 2004 SUNY Morrisville - Morrisville, NY - Bachelors of Technology Dairy Management
- NH 4-H Horticulture Field Specialist, University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension, May 2017-present
- Extension Program Manager, 4-H Youth Development, University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension, July 2012-May 2017
- Academic & Career Advising Graduate Assistant Keene State College, September 2010-August 2011
- Director of Student Involvement Green Mountain College, July 2008-August 2010
- Resident and Housing Operations Director Husson College, Fall 2006-November 2007
Program Specialty Areas
- Positive Youth Development
- Agriscience career exploration
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Youth-Adult Partnerships
- Event planning and management