Saving Special Places
New Hampshire's Annual Land Conservation Conference
The Saving Special Places Conference is organized by UNH Extension, together with:
Canopy Consulting | Land and Community Heritage Investment Program | NH Land Trust Coalition | Society for the Protection of NH Forests | Southeast Land Trust | The Nature Conservancy (NH) | Upper Saco Valley Land Trust
Full Conference fee: TBD
Note that the In-person conference is capped at 200 participants, so register early before it fills!
Online Registration (credit cards only)
Click the registration link below to register for Virtual and in-Person options and select workshops for the In-Person conference. Be sure to remember your username and password - this allows you to go back into the registration system to check your workshop selections (especially helpful if you forgot what you signed up for). You can also print your workshop choices when you have selected them (click the button to the right: PRINT SELECTED SESSIONS). Note that you can only select ONE workshop in each of the three in-person workshop sessions and there is a capacity limit for each. Please note that online registration is credit card payment only.
Instructions to follow
The conference committee is following CDC guidance for COVID-19. In preparation for the In-Person Conference, we have developed the following recommendations in an effort to protect the health of all participants:
- For the health safety of all at the conference please stay home if you don’t feel well, have any Covid, Flu or RSV symptoms or if you have had close contact with a person who has tested positive or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Mask wearing is welcome and encouraged in indoor spaces but not required.
- A rapid Covid test is encouraged prior to joining the in-person event.
- Please follow CDC guidance if exposed to COVID-19 within the 10 days leading up to the event. If you test positive for COVID-19 within the 5 days leading up to the event, please do not attend.
- COVID-19 vaccination (including boosters) is strongly encouraged.
We will refund your registration fee if you need to cancel for health reasons.
Conference Workshops and Schedule
8:00 AM – Conference registration opens
8:45 AM – Conference Welcome and Land Acknowledgement
9:15 AM – KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Enock Glidden
10:30 AM – BREAK/Exhibits
11:00 AM – Workshops Session 1
12:15 pm – LUNCH/Exhibits
1:30 PM – Workshops Session 2
2:45 pm – Conference end
All workshops are limited to 30 participants. Please be sure to select your workshops early as there will be no standing room allowed this year
Saving Special Places is made possible by our generous supporters
Thank you to our 2023 CONFERENCE UNDERWRITERS
Thank you to our 2023 CONFERENCE PARTNERS
2023 Conference Photo
The 2023 Conference banner photo ( © Jeff Lougee/The Nature Conservancy) features Maidstone Bends Preserve, Groveton and Northumberland, New Hampshire. Our thanks to Jeff for allowing us to use this beautiful image.