NH Preservation Alliance:
- Getting Started with Your Old House or Barn : This link gives the first steps toward beginning a house or barn preservation project, as well as providing many links to websites that can help you with the process.
- National Register of Historic Places: A compilation of all NH's historic places sorted by county. Includes information regarding ownership, historical significance, architectural style, function, and period of significance. Historic districts can also be found on this website.
- Online Directory: An online directory of historical societies, organized by county.
- Preservation Briefs: Links to 47 in-depth articles on the preservation of historic buildings through proper care and maintenance.
- Preservation Briefs 20: The Preservation of Historic Barns This article from Preservation Briefs focuses on historic barns. It outlines the various types, the rehabilitation process, repair, and keys to understanding their history.
- Overview : Links to help you learn more and get answers to questions regarding preservation information.
- Municipal Master Plan: Historical Resources Chapter: This page details why a historical and cultural resources chapter is important to a Master Plan, as well as questions and suggested sections to serve as a guide for towns working on this part of their plan.
- Heritage Commissions: This webpage provides an overview of what a heritage commission is and its purpose. Also included are how to establish one, the legal process, membership, and responsibilities.
- Green Guidelines (Local) – Promoting Environmental and Economic Sustainability Through Historic Preservation: A short document on how to use local historic buildings in our efforts to be "green".
- Green Guidelines (State) – Promoting Environmental and Economic Sustainability Through Historic Preservation: A look at how the state can be "green" through historic preservation state-wide.
New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources:
- NH State Historic Preservation Plan 2006-2010: Also includes topics such as attitudes, threats and trends affecting NH's historic places, goals and objectives, preservation history, keys to community character, the state register of historic places, and heritage commissions.
- New Hampshire's Five Year Preservation Plan 2011-2015: Draft of the next Preservation Plan.
- Introduction to Project Review – Section 106: A brief introduction to Section 106 and the "Review and Compliance" process.
- Protecting Historic Properties: A Citizen's Guide to Section 106 Review: This in-depth guide to Section 106 Review explains this section of the Natural Historic Preservation Act of 1966, the process, federal involvement and how to work with federal agencies, influence through consulting parties, and how the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation can help.
- Frequently Asked Questions: FAQs regarding general "Review & Compliance" and Section 1