Fair time is an opportunity to showcase and promote the achievements and talents of 4-H youth as they work toward building their future. There are many ways members can be involved at the fair.
Exhibits - Each club is encouraged to set up an exhibit to promote 4-H or display an educational exhibit. Members may exhibit their project work and may also have an individual educational exhibit.
Live Demos - Members offer 30-minute presentations to teach the public about a topic related to their project.
Animal Shows - Animals are housed and shown at the fair.
Food Booth - Run by 4-H leaders, parents and members. Each club is expected to staff the booth for at least one complete five hour shift. Proceeds provide the funds for the 4-H Council to offer trip scholarships and county awards.
Cheshire Fair Information
- NH 4-H Dairy Qualifying Event for ESE - information and registration form - due July 1
- NH Fairs and 4-H Animal Show Entry Information - List of fair dates in New Hampshire and what fairs invite out-of-county 4-H members to show at.
4-H Entry and Expectation Statement – due at Cheshire Fair office July 3rd
Exhibit Space Request Form - due in the 4-H office July 3rd
- Exhibit Hall Set-up and Take Down - Club/member exhibits may set up on Tuesday, July 30 from 4:00 - 8:00 PM and on Wednesday, July 31 from 9:00 AM - Noon. Exhibits must remain in place until 5:00 PM Sunday, August 4. If exhibits are taken down before this time, premiums will not be awarded. All exhibits must be removed by 7:00 PM Sunday.
Exhibitors Camping and Fair Pass Form - due July 3rd
- Pass money must accompany entry.
- Clubs must work a full shift and not split a shift with members. This casuses too much confusion resulting in poor customer service.
Premium Book - 4-H Department Class Lists for the 4-H Building and 4-H Livestock Shows
Volunteers are an important element to the success of the 4‐H events at the fair. If you are willing to lend a hand, please contact the Extension office: 603‐352-4550 or email@example.com.
4-H Clean Up at Cheshire Fairgrounds - Thursday, July 18, 5pm-8pm - Please call the 4-H office with a club count
For more information about the Cheshire Fair, check out their website: www.cheshirefair.org.