National 4-H Conference, March 19-24, 2022 in Washington DC
The National 4-H Conference will be held in Washington DC on March 20-24th (travel dates are March 19-24). This conference annually brings 4-H youth and adults from around the nation to work towards strengthening and expanding the 4-H Youth Development program at the local, state, and national levels. National 4-H Conference is the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture’s premier youth development opportunity to engage youth in developing recommendations for the 4-H Youth Development Program. The National 4-H Headquarters is charged with sharing the recommendations that emerge from the conference with the Secretary of Agriculture, National Extension Program Leaders, and others who determine 4-H programs. At the same time, the conference is a rich and meaningful experience for the youth and adult participants. New Hampshire 4-H sends at least 4 teens each year.
National 4-H Conference delegates will:
- Participate in a round table topic of their choosing that will focus on key topics such as: leadership, agriculture, crime, and more
- Participate in professional workshops
- Meet with legislators from their State to discuss important issues relating to 4-H
- Have a chance to network with youth and adults from across the country
- Learn all about 4-H programming and think about ways to improve programming across the Nation
- Develop an action plan that will be put to use in their own communities
- Have fun!
A Virtual Open House was held Wednesday, January 5th. For an overview of the Conference and to answer questions contact Joe Drake.
You must submit an application including checklist, a cover letter, a resume, and a 2-3 minute video sharing why you would like to go to the National 4-H Conference to Joe Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, January 17 to be eligible. Interviews will be held January 20th and participants notified on January 31st with results.