Join University of New Hampshire Extension’s food safety team for free online Safety Awareness in the Food Environment (SAFE) workshops for food service workers in schools, soup kitchens, feeding programs, hospitals, nursing homes, camps, restaurants, and delis.
SAFE for Food Service Workers topics include:
- Why food workers should not be working when ill
- The importance of personal health & hand hygiene
- Preventing the spread of pathogens in a food service kitchen
- Why cleaning & sanitizing are key in keeping a food safe kitchen
- Important food safety temperatures as food flows throughout the kitchen
No cost but preregistration is required.
You will need access to Zoom -- join by computer or phone.
SAFE is a two-hour introductory workshop for food service workers covering personal hygiene, preventing cross-contamination, controlling time and temperature, and cleaning & sanitizing. It is good for food service workers who are just starting out or need a refresher on safe food handling practices.
Ann Hamilton, Food Safety Field Specialist