Commercial applicator category Field Crops (A3) is a subcategory of Agricultural Pest Control (A). This subcategory is intended for pesticide and soil fumigant applicators concerned with controlling pests in field crops such as potatoes, corn, beans, and other vegetative crops.
This page contains the required manuals and factsheets for Field Crops (A3) commercial license applicants.
Not all of the study materials are available online, but all can be ordered in printed form.
Note: The Worker Protection Standard (WPS) manual is required for commercial categories only if pesticide-treated agricultural commodities are being sold.
- National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual*
- New Hampshire Code of Administrative Rules (Pesticide Pes 100-1100)*
- UNH Cooperative Extension Record Keeping Requirements for New Hampshire*
- Pesticide Setback Distances Brochure*
- EPA: How to Comply with the Worker Protection Standard for Agricultural Pesticides *
- Agricultural Pest Control (1A) (not available online)
- UNHCE Fact Sheet 17: European Corn Borer
- UNHCE Fact Sheet 18: Corn Earworm
- UNHCE Fact Sheet 27: Seedcorn Maggot
*Materials recommended for all commercial license trainings.