Rachel Maccini is the Pesticide Safety Education Program, Coordinator. Her primary responsibilities are to coordinate and deliver pesticide safety education to licensed and non-licensed pesticide applicators statewide. She has created and manages an online education system for licensed applicators to earn recertification credits and has been a part of extension and education for the past 13 years.
Rachel uses her entomology skills to help identify insects and/or arthropods that are sent into the Education Center. Identifying these pests is often the crucial first step towards solving a problem and providing safe controls and/or treatment. She also assists with the Master Gardener training through her teaching of Entomology, IPM and other related topics.
Prior to joining UNH Cooperative Extension, Rachel worked as an Entomologist I for the NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food. Her responsibilities included providing support, education and annual plant inspections to growers throughout the state.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) [Online Recertification Course]
- Pesticide Calculations - Structural Applicators [Online Recertification Course]
- Pesticide Calculations - Turf (G2) Applicators [Online Recertification Course]
- Pesticide Calculations - Right of Way Applicators [Online Recertification Course]
- Science Bonanza - Getting to Know Ticks
- Science Bonanza - How Do Insects Communicate
- Christmas Tree Course
- Cankerworm [fact sheet]
- Blueberry Fruit Fly [fact sheet]
- Cabbage Looper [fact sheet]