Rachel Maccini is the Pesticide Safety Education Program, Coordinator. Her primary responsibilities are to coordinate and deliver pesticide safety education to licensed and non-licensed pesticide applicators statewide. She has created and manages an online education system for licensed applicators to earn recertification credits and has been a part of extension and education for the past 13 years.
Rachel uses her entomology skills to help identify insects and/or arthropods that are sent into the Education Center. Identifying these pests is often the crucial first step towards solving a problem and providing safe controls and/or treatment. She also assists with the Master Gardener training through her teaching of Entomology, IPM and other related topics.
Prior to joining UNH Cooperative Extension, Rachel worked as an Entomologist I for the NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food. Her responsibilities included providing support, education and annual plant inspections to growers throughout the state.
- A1 - Fruit Study Materials [Commercial]
- A2 - Herbicides Study Materials [Commercial]
- A3 - Field Crops Study Materials [Commercial]
- A4 - Animals Study Materials [Commercial]
- Accurately Measuring Small Quantities of Product [Video]
- Aphids [fact sheet]
- Apple Maggot [fact sheet]
- Apple Scab [fact sheet]
- Apply Products Accurately with Proper Calibration [Video]
- Asiatic Garden Beetle [fact sheet]