4-H offers a wide variety of opportunities for all youth between the ages of 5-18. The 4-H Program is open to all interested youth and adults regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, creed, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or veteran's status. Expectations for 4-H membership are a balance between 4-H project work, involvement in local 4-H groups or clubs, participation in 4-H activities and events, and working towards improving one's personal growth. You can enroll in 4-H anytime, but September and October start the 4-H year.
What do I have to do to enroll my child in 4-H?
- Know the age requirement: youth must be between 5-18 years old before January 1st.
- Know your child’s interests, to help select a club that is the right fit for you and your family.
- Select a club that interests you and contact the club organization leader directly. Call the 4-H office at 603-796-2151 for more information about our club and to get club leader contact information.
- After selecting a club and speaking with their leader you must enroll your child by using 4HOnline.
Minimum Yearly Member Requirements
- Officially enroll and complete one project and learning experience annually (minimum 6 hours).
- Regular attendance at 4-H club meetings
- Determine and set project goals with leader and volunteer assistance.
- Participate in a community service citizenship, health/safety project and/or a communication project
What can you do to participate with your child?
4-H is a family affair offering opportunities where child and parent participate with many common interests which lead to strengthening family ties. Think about serving as a resource volunteer by completing the application and screening process.
For more information on 4-H clubs in our county and how to join contact Laurie Field, 4-H Program Manager at 603-796-2151 or by email at email@example.com.
CLUBS IN MERRIMACK COUNTY:
- Canterbury Rascals: Community Service, Arts & Crafts, Heritage Arts, Foods & Nutrition, Clothing & Textiles, Photography, Public Speaking, Woodworking, Entomology, Fishing
- Canterbury Cloverbuds: Exploring 4-H
Millville 4-H Club: Community Service, Crafts, Sewing, Cooking, Gardening, Photography, Poultry, Rabbit, Youth Leadership, Public Speaking, Theater Arts
- Appleton Clovers 4-H Club: Horse
- Concord Girls & Boys Town: Arts & Crafts, Foods & Nutrition, Clothing & Textiles, Leadership, Safety
Contoocook Easy Riders: Community Service, Horse, Wildlife, Youth Leadership
Dunbarton & Bow Robotics 4-H Club: Robotics, Other Science/Technology
Pioneer Crew 556 4-H Club: 4-H Shooting Sports Club
Dunbarton Silver Birch: Veterinary Science, Community Service, Citizenship, Leadership, Career Exploration, Arts & Crafts, Foods & Nutrition, Clothing & Textiles, Photography, Woodworking, Other Science/Technology, Forestry, Shooting Sports
- Gratham Tech Hawks: Other Science/Technology
Henniker Helping Hands 4-H: Community Service, Citizenship, Vegetable Gardening
- Highland Riders 4-H at Miles Smith Farm: Beef, Working Steer, Poultry, Exploring 4-H, Community Service, Citizenship, Leadership, Safety, Money Management, Rabbits & Cavies, Woodworking, Arts & Crafts, Photography, Gardening
- Merrimack County 4-H Swine Club: Swine, Veterinary Science, Community Service, Leadership, Safety, Career Exploration/ Workforce Preparation, Public Speaking
- Rolling Bones: Dog, Veterinary Science, Community Service, Citizenship, Leadership, Safety, Career Exploration/Workforce Preparation
- Nanny Berry Lane 4-H Goat: Dairy Goat, Other Goat Project, Veterinary Science, Community Service, Citizenship, Leadership, Safety, Career Exploration/Workforce Preparation, Public Speaking
- Merrimack County 4-H Dairy Club: Dairy Cattle
- Pembroke 4-H Club: Exploring 4-H
- Pittsfield Victory Workers: Beef, Dog, Dairy Cattle, Dairy Goat, Horse, Working Steer/Oxen, Poultry, Rabbits & Cavies, Small Animals, Swine, Community Service, Citizenship Leadership, Safety, Career Exploration, Workforce Preparation, Arts & Crafts, Heritage Arts, Child Care/Babysitting, Foods &Nutrition, Food preservation, Health & Fitness, Money Management, Personal Development, Clothing & Textiles, Photography, Public Speaking, Ornamental Hort/Flowers, Vegetable Gardening, Food/Fruit Production, Bicycle Safety, Wind Power, Woodworking, Small Engines, Entomology, Forestry, Fishing, Shooting Sports, Wildlife
- Pittsfield Victory Workers Cloverbud: Exploring 4-H
- Warner 4-H Club: Exploring 4-H, Community Service, Crafts, Sewing, Cooking, Photography, Working Steer
- Ox Bows: Community Service, Working Steer, Youth Leadership
- Livestock Club: Beef, Sheep, Swine, Veterinary Science, Community Service, Leadership, Photography, Public Speaking, Woodworking, Other Horticulture, Vegetable Gardening