WHAT IS THE 4-H FOUNDATION?
The 4-H Foundation is a non-profit charitable trust fund foundation whose purpose is to deal with, manage, expend, invest and reinvest the funds of the Foundation, principle and reserve. It is made up of members of the community who volunteer time to support 4-H and the youth in their community. The group meets the second Tuesday of the month, 7-9 p.m. in Concord, September, November, January, March, May and July. Write a letter of request to the board and get it to the 4-H office prior to one of the meetings listed above.
WHO CAN BECOME A FOUNDATION MEMBER?
Anyone with a desire to volunteer for the future of our youth by donating their time to the management of Foundation Funds is welcome to apply. Your willingness to serve will help to ensure the continued success of the 4-H Youth Development Program in Merrimack County.
HOW DOES THE FOUNDATION GET IT'S RESOURCES?
Foundation funds come from:
- Gift Contributions
- 4-H Club Contributions
- Memorial Contributions
- Fund Stewardship
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE FOUNDATION?
- Assist with 4-H Club work
- Receive, hold, and maintain gifts, bequeaths, and contributions given to Merrimack County 4-H
- To spend, invest and reinvest funds of the 4-H Foundation
- To administer for others special funds for various purposes, as may be agreed upon by the Foundation, that will best meet the needs and advance the interest of 4-H and other youth throughout Merrimack County.
WHAT ARE FOUNDATION RESOURCES USED FOR?
- 4-H Camp Scholarships
- Higher Education Scholarships
- Special Grants/Awards
- Leader Forum/Leader Training
- Pins & Seals for Achievement Nights
- Career Trips
WHO BENEFITS FROM FOUNDATION RESOURCES?
- 4-H Youth through scholarships for various youth development opportunities as well as higher education scholarships.
- 4-H Leaders through Leader Forum Scholarships and scholarships for other educational programs they may wish to attend
- 4-H Clubs through special grants and Achievement Night recognition.
FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR CLUB COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS OR CLUB CAREER TRIPS!
Do you have a community service project your club wants to do, but you need the money to make it happen? The 4-H Foundation of Merrimack County is the group that provides the direction for how private dollars for 4-H in this county are spent. The 15-member board is responsible for funding of scholarships, higher education book awards, special projects, recognition awards for all county events, member and leader recognition, and local achievement nights.
Available Scholarship Opportunities Through the Merrimack County 4-H Foundation: