The 2019 Meeting of the NH Vegetable and Berry Growers' Association (NHVBGA) took place on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019 in Manchester NH. The full program, along with links to presentations, is now available.
Ten things we’ve learned from on-farm FSMA inspections. Pooh Sprague, Edgewater Farm, and Vickie Smith, FSMA inspector
- Handout - 2019 OnFarm Readiness Review Farm Visit Request Form
- Handout - FSMA - Produce Safety Rule, Qualified Exemption Annual Review & Verification Worksheet
- Handout - NHDAMF Produce Safety Program Survey
- Handout - Standards for Produce Safety
What’s new with NH insect pests, and welcome to our new Extension IPM Specialist. Anna Wallingford, UNH Extension
Labor regulations: record-keeping, youth employment and H2A – what you should know. Steven McKinney, NH Department of Labor.
Tips for raising healthy vegetable transplants. Jonathan Ebba, UNH Extension
Vegetable and strawberry variety updates from Maine. David Handley, University of Maine Extension
- Handout: Strawberry, Asparagus, Snap Bean and Melon Variety Reports
- Handout: Sweet corn and Large and Small Pumpkin Variety Reports
Updates and/or new programs available for NH growers
- Jeff Holmes, Farm Service Agency Updates
- Carrie Stengel, USDA Wildlife Services - to learn more about control options for blackbirds in sweet corn, please contact Josh Janicke or David Allaben for more information, at USDA Wildlife Services 603.223.6832
Innovations in strawberry production (including matted row). David Handley, University of Maine Extension
Featured Farm: Looking at alternative & cooperative strategies to build overall market share: Three River Alliance – Andre Cantelmo, Heron Pond Farm.