The NH Vegetable and Berry Growers' Association annual educational meeting offers a full schedule of presentations on an array of interesting topics, as well as 3.5 recertification credits for pesticide applicators. See the full events listing here.
The agenda will include:
- 10 things we’ve learned from on-farm FSMA inspections – Pooh Sprague & Vickie Smith
- NH insect pests update & welcome to our new IPM Specialist! – Anna Wallingford, UNH Extension
- Labor regulations: what you need to know – Kelly Connelley or Steven McKinney, NH Dept. of Labor
- Tips for raising healthy vegetable transplants – Jonathan Ebba, UNH Extension
- Vegetable & strawberry variety updates – David Handley, UMaine Extension
- Commercial member show & tell
- Lunch (on your own; available at the Expo) and Visit Expo/Trade Show
- NHVBGA Business Meeting
- New programs available for NH growers
- Innovations in strawberry production – David Handley, UMaine Extension
- Featured Farm: Looking at alternative strategies to build market share – Andre Cantelmo, Heron Pond Farm and Three River Alliance
No need to pre-register. To inquire about NHVBGA membership, please contact: Raymond Deary, email@example.com; 603-648-6183, PO Box 333, Salisbury NH 03268.
If you need special accommodations to participate, please contact Shyloh Favreau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-862-3200 by January 26, 2019.