Serving size: 1 4-ounce filet
For the spice rub:
- Make the spice rub. Put the cornmeal, oregano, cayenne pepper, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper on a plate and combine well.
- Dredge both sides of the catfish in the spice mixture.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to high.
- When the skillet is hot, add the oil. Add the fish and cook about 4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked throughout.
- Serve right away garnished with lemon or lime wedges.
Try substituting with cod or tilapia for a delicious variety.
Source: USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl