UNH Cole and Barton Hall
34 Sage Way
Durham, NH 03824
PLEASE REGISTER SO WE KNOW HOW MANY TO PLAN FOR
HALLOWEEN CONTINUES! You have one more chance to secure as much candy as possible and showcase your amazing Halloween costume. Join 4-H for an encore of one of our most beloved holidays at our first ever 4-H Harvest Fest. Get a quick and comprehensive overview of the Rockingham & Strafford County 4-H Program, compete for prizes in the costume contest, and get in one more round of trick or treating with a twist. Additionally, check out what various Clubs are doing this year, discover more programmatic and scholarship opportunities for your children.
Not a member of 4-H? DOESN’T MATTER. Bring your family to the frightful and fun evening. All are welcome.
Event will feature:
- 4-H Program Orientation
- 4-H Club Fair
- 4-H Pathway Fair
- Discover Scholarship opportunities
- Trick or Treating
- Costume Contest
- Food and refreshments
4-H Orientation: 4:10.
This will be a short and sweet overview of how your family will get the most out of the 4-H Program. Learn who the staff are, how we promote the opportunities and programs, how to get more involved, even how to seek support if needed. This is super helpful as 4-H is a uniquely non-local program.
Club Fair: 4:30 -5:30
- Clubs will showcase their projects & project materials
- Learn about Club project topics & events
- Participate in a Club demonstration or activity
- Grab information for when and where the Clubs meet
Pathway Fair: 4:30 -5:30
A “Pathway” is a term 4-H uses to describe how we structure content around subject areas. 4-H educates youth in agriculture and animal science, healthy living, STEM, Teen Leadership, and Makers. At the county level, we structure projects to follow a sequence of discovery and exploration. This Pathway fair will
- Pathway Displays and information about the subject material
- Any Volunteer opportunities the pathway has
- Project Demonstration from their pathway
Trick or Treat: 4:30 – 6:30
Youth and families can take a spooky 30-min walk around the building and grounds to test their wits and cleverness at stations for sweet rewards.
Costume Contest: 6:35
The Costume Contest is open to all ages and groups of any size. If you want to enter as a group, be aware that all the members are dressed in the same theme or motif.
- Favorite characters – Dress up as one of your favorite characters from a story, movie, or TV show.
- Spookiest – Dress up as a common Halloween trope. For example, bat, ghost, or witch.
- “Most 4-H” – Dress up as something that relates to 4-H in some way. Something related to your Club, project area, or anything you can think of if you want to go this route.
Have fun and be creative!!
- Individual Teen 13-18
- Individual Middies 8-12
- Individual Cloverbud 5-7
- Individual Adult
- Group Youth - group costumes of 2 and more and of mixed ages
- Group Adult - Group costumes of 2 or more
- Group Mixed - Group costumes of 2 or more youth of mixed ages and adults. Perfect for family costumes and club costumes
Awards for the top 3 finishers in each class and division.
- Quality of construction - how well the costume is put together/ assembled?
- Attention to detail - how complete is the costume?
- Commitment to the theme - how on-brand is the costume with the theme?
- “A sort of Je-ne-sais-quoi” - overall impressions
- Audience applause (loudness) - Audience members will have set time to cheer for each exhibitor. Judges will mark the loudness.