Serving size: 1 taco or 1 burrito
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Wash hands.
- Gently rub green pepper under cold running water. Scrub onion iwth a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Chop onion and green pepper.
- Cook onion and green pepepr in vegetable oil over medium heat until soft.
- Add cooked beans, salsa and chili powder or garlic powder, stir to combine.
- For tacos: fill taco shell with bean mixture; top with shredded cheese or sour cream and more salsa if you like.
- For burritos: in a warm flour tortilla, place filling on one side; top with shredded cheese or sour cream, roll up and serve with extra salsa.
Easy, Fun and Free Recipe Videos - Featuring ingredients commonly found in New Hampshire food pantries!
In just 2 minutes, UNH Extension's nutrition educators help you turn simple ingredients into delicious meals. Watch our YouTube video for making Bean Filling for Tacos or Burritos.
USDA Foods Fact Sheet - Recipe adapted from University and Connecticut Cooperative Extension and U.S. Dry Bean Council