Andy joined University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension as an Extension County Forester in 2008. He has experience in a range of land management related positions in the northeast and western United States with the U.S. Forest Service, Marin Conservation Corps, and the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests. He has a M.S. in Natural Resource with a concentration in Forestry from the University of New Hampshire.
Andy's primary responsibility for UNH Cooperative Extension is to provide statewide leadership and support to the forest industry through educational programing, business attraction and retention, economic development and research. He is available to meet with forest-based businesses throughout New Hampshire and is based at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH.
Fast, A. J., & Ducey, M. J. (2011). Height-Diameter Equations for Select New Hampshire Tree Species. NORTHERN JOURNAL OF APPLIED FORESTRY, 28(3), 157-160. doi:10.1093/njaf/28.3.157
Fast, A. J., Ducey, M. J., Gove, J. H., & Leak, W. B. (2008). Dating tree mortality using log decay in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. NORTHERN JOURNAL OF APPLIED FORESTRY, 25(3), 154-157. doi:10.1093/njaf/25.3.154
- Design Considerations for Lumber Pile Covers in Air-Dry Yards
- Certified New England White Oak
- Workforce Development
- New Hampshire Directory of Sawmills & Lumber Wholesalers
- New England White Oak in Cask Production
- Status of Town and Community Forests in New Hampshire
- Strafford County-A Year in Review 2018
- New Hampshire Best Log Scaling Practices Guide
- Major New Hampshire Species and Their Uses
- Timber Basis Decision Model: A Calculator to Aid in Federal Timber Tax-Related Decisions