Tax law is complex. These references should help landowners and land managers navigate federal income tax law as it relates to income from woodlots. Readers are urged to consult with their own professional tax, accounting and legal advisors on individual tax matters.
- Federal Tax Treatment of Timber Income & Expenses: Quick Reference for 2017 Tax Year
- Timber Income Taxes (National Timber Tax Website)
- Timber Basis Decision Model--an online calculator to aid in federal timber tax-related decisions
- Timber Basis Decision Model--documentation for the online calculator to aid in federal timber tax-related decisions
- Timber Basis Decision Model: A Calculator to Aid in Federal Timber Tax-Relates Decisions--an overview of the calculator
- New Hampshire Forest Market Reports from 1936 through 2001. Useful to determine depletion allowance.
- Federal Income Tax on Timber: A Key to Your Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Forest Landowners' Guide to the Federal Income Tax (USDA Forest Service Ag Handbook 731)
- Tax Tips for Forest Landowners
- New Hampshire Timber Yield Taxes
- Income Tax Deduction on Timber and Landscape Trees Loss from Casualty
- Emergency Forest Restoration Payments- Are They Taxable Income?
- Income Tax on Timber For Your 2012 Tax Return Filing (a webinar)