The New Hampshire 4-H Horse Project focuses learning around equines such as horses, donkeys and mules. You don’t have to have your own animal to participate in the New Hampshire 4-H Horse Project. Youth have the opportunity to learn riding, driving, showing in hand, gymkhana, management, science, nutrition, safety and care. Members gain skills in basic horse care and animal science. There are lots of activities youth without an owned or leased horse can do! Click on the links below for more information.
New to the 4-H Horse Project? Check out the NH 4-H Horse Project Fact Sheet for more information.To find others in your county participating in the Horse Project Area, contact your county 4-H office by clicking here.
Forms, resources and Fact sheets here for members, volunteers, leaders and parents
NH State 4-H Horse Show Includes entry packet and information for the show. Two divisions of WALK-TROT for exhibitors age 12+ as of 1/1 will be included in the 2020 show! Novice Walk-Trot and Open Walk-Trot. A readiness form (included in the show packet) will be required for Walk-Trot riders. 2020 packet coming soon!
- NH 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl Contest- February 8, UNH Barton & Cole Halls. Snow date 2/9
- NH 4-H Horse Program Cover Design Contest ; Designs due at the Horse Advisory Meeting 2/22 or received in state office by 2/19
- NH 4-H Hippology Contest- April 4 Thornton.
- NH 4-H Horse Judging Contest- April 4, Thornton.
- NH 4-H "Horse of the Year" Peter Stone Model Horses Contest Form – 2020 Nominations due to State Office April 15th
- NH 4-H Horse Communications Contest- At State Activities Day Manchester Community College
- UNH Equine Education Day UNH Equine Facilities, Mast Rd, Durham NH
- New England Regional 4-H Horse Contest - October 27 2019 MA or CT
- Eastern States Exposition 4-H Shows September, West Springfield, MA
- Eastern States Exposition Horse Packet
- Big E Horse Activity Delegate Info and Application
- New England 4-H Horse Judge's School Packet Next judge's school 2021!
- American Youth Horse Council Symposium Information and Registration 4-H age 15+ as of January . Check with your county office for the application process. Deadline for application at County Office October 15.
- Eastern National 4-H Horse Round-Up - November, Louisville, KY
Project Manual, Rules and other Resources
- NH 4-Horse Project Manual and Resources includes **GREAT MEMBER AND LEADER RESOURCES* includes NH and New England 4-H Horse Show Rules and Resources
- New England 4-H Horse Show Judges list
- New Hampshire 4-H Hippology Contest
- New Hampshire 4-H Horse Communications Contest
- New Hampshire 4-H Horse Judging Contest
- New Hampshire 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl Contest
- New Hampshire State 4-H Horse Show
Forms and Policies
Forms, resources and Fact sheets here for members, volunteers, leaders and parents.