There is something wonderful about eating the very first ripe, juice tomato of the season.
- 15 minutes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash hands, vegetables and herbs before starting the recipe.
- Dice red onion and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and finely mince garlic clove.
- Pull basil leaves off main stem, roll up leaves and chop.
- Place ingredients into a medium to large size bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix these ingredients together.
- Slice some bread, top with mixture. Enjoy!
Number of Servings 12, Serving Size 1/4 cup, Calories 10, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 0 mg, Total Carbohydrates 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 2 g, Includes 0 g Added Sugars, Protein 1 g, Vitamin D 0 mcg, Calcium 8 mg, Iron 0 mg, Potassium 132 mg
Making the Recipe
Watch this short video on how to make this delicious tomato bruschetta.
Tomatoes come in a range of colors from green to red to yellow to orange and even purple. The main varieties include heirloom, roma and cherry. Try using different colors and different varieties when making this recipe.