Looking for a fun way to get involved in projects and earn prizes? The NH 4-H team has created the 4-H Clover Challenge to help youth and families safely participate in fun right there in their communities- if not their own backyards! Below learn about all the ways you can participate and engage in 4-H fun!
What the heck is a 4-H Clover Challenge?
The 4-H Clover Challenge (CC) is a great way to get involved in 4-H experiences throughout the spring and summer, trying new things, and earning clover badges along the way. Clover badges will be turned in at the end of June for a 4-H Clover Challenge Celebration for all youth and families as well as some other great prizes! Can’t join us for the celebration? No worries- the NH 4-H team has some other options that recognize all of the hard work (and fun) you had during the challenge.
What are the rules for me to earn badges?
4-H CC has different age levels for participation with different badge requirements for each age group. The following experiences are the minimum required for participation in the Clover Challenge.
- Cloverbuds (5-7): 4-H County Presents: Submit at least one entry to your county 4-H Presents! This includes Cloverbud show and tell, posters and photos.
- Juniors (8-10): 4-H County Presents: Submit as least one entry to your county 4-H Presents! This includes posters and photos; Service Learning Experience: Participate in at least one service-learning project with your club or your county YLT
- Tweens (11-13): County Presents: Submit as least one entry to your county 4-H Presents! This includes posters and photos. Service Learning Experience: Participate in at least one service-learning project with your club or your county YLT
- Teens (14-18): Service Learning Experience: Participate in at least one service-learning project with your club or your county YLT. Virtual Teen Workshops: Register and attend at least 3 virtual workshops One in each category.
In an effort to encourage participation in diverse 4-H experiences, the 4-H Clover Challenge team has created a number of different ways to earn those badges. While the requirements are listed above to meet the challenge there are also many other ways to earn clover badges. Any additional projects completed will earn the participant Clover Badges which can be turned in for 4-H Swag.
- Submitting and entry to your county 4-H Presents!
- Participate in a service-learning project with your club or your county YLT
- Sign up and attend a SPIN program in your county or neighboring county
- Submit an entry for the 4-H Maker’s Expo
- Clover Badge Earning Scale
While most of the local experiences are listed on the 4-H clover challenge page, please check with your local 4-H program to hear about more ways to earn badges.
Give me the details!
Registration and Costs: To begin, register for the 4-H Clover Challenge on 4-HOnline. When you register you will receive a 4-H Clover Challenge T Shirt and an admission to the Candia Springs event.
Cloverbud (5-7): $5 Juniors (8-10): $10 Tweens (11-13): $10 Teens (14-18): $15
When does it start? The 4-H Clover Challenge will officially kick off on March 3rd, 2021, and will conclude on June 26th, 2021, with a celebration event at Candia Springs.