This plan outlines guidelines designed to help ensure NH 4-H Animal Events and Shows are prepared for emergencies and severe weather conditions.
The following conditions could lead to or indicate an existing or potential emergency:
- Medical emergency
- Severe weather, such as snow, ice, wind, hail, lightning, thunder, and flooding
- Violent subject or terrorism
At the beginning of an event, a copy of the action plan for the event should be distributed to key personnel (staff, key volunteers, head chaperones)
Emergency Plan Objectives:
- Ensure safety and security of all youth and adult participants and spectators.
- Ensure the welfare of all animals to the extent possible.
- Communicate clear directions and actions for participants and spectators to take to maximize safety for all.
- Have guidelines regarding when and how to interrupt, postpone or cancel an event or show due to an emergency.
- Have a communication plan to be used in event of an emergency.