- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- cooking spray
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and stir well.
- Add the vanilla, applesauce, egg, and milk. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw egg. Stir until fully mixed together.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray if it doesn't have a non-stick coating.
- For each pancake, pour 1/8 cup of batter into the frying pan. Cook until pancakes are bubbly and slightly dry around edges. Flip them over and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve with syrup or fruit topping.
Number of Servings 4, Serving Size 4 pancakes, Calories 240, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Total Carbohydrates 45 g, Fiber 0 g, Total Sugars 10 g, Includes 3 g Added Sugars, Protein 11 g, Vitamin D 1 mcg, Calcium 150 mg, Iron 2 mg, Potassium 28 mg
Top pancakes with your favorite fruit or applesauce. Serve with non-fat milk.
Refrigerate or freeze leftover pancakes for a quick breakfast or snack during the week. Reheat in toaster or toaster oven. Use refrigerated pancakes within 2-3 days.