Smoothies are a great way to add more calcium by using low-fat or fat-free milk it helps to reduce the fat and calorie content without losing any nutritional value. Fruit is a great source of vitamins, minerals and heart-healthy antioxidants. Fresh veggies are a perfect smoothie addition — they’re an awesome source of vitamins and minerals with very few calories.
- 10 minutes
- 1 Cup
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup, mango, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 or 2 handfuls spinach
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently wash outside peel of the banana under cold running water.
- Wash spinach and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Scrub mango with a clean vegetable brush under running water, if using fresh.
- Chop mango if using fresh.
- Peel and place chucks of banana, chopped mango, spinach and milk into a blender.
- Blends on highest speed until smooth.
- Serve right away.
Nutrition Facts - based on using fresh mango and 1/2 cup fresh spinach
Number of Servings 4, Serving Size 1 cup, Calories 100, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 55 mg, Total Carbohydrates 19 g, Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 15 g, Includes 0 g Added Sugars, Protein 5 g, Vitamin D 0 mcg, Calcium 162 mg, Iron 0 mg, Potassium 375 mg
The amount of ingredients can be changed based on your personal preference. Different types of fruit and milk can be used!