These healthy fries are a delicious way to enjoy french fries without all the fat. This recipe is so easy you just cut the potatoes, season them and put them in the oven while you prepare the rest of your meal. Before you know it you will have delicious fries your family will love.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
Number of servings
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into strips
- 1 large white potato, sliced into strips
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder, garlic powder or pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub potatoes with clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Combine oil, chili powder or pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add potatoes to the bowl and mix until they are coated with the oil and spices.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Turn fries over halfway through, and continue baking.
- Remove from oven, place on paper towel, and sprinkle with small amount of salt.
Number of Servings 4, Serving Size 1/2 cup, Calories 180, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Total Carbohydrates 26 g, Fiber 4 g, Total Sugars 4 g, Includes 0 g Added Sugars, Protein 3 g, Vitamin D 0 mcg, Calcium 30 mg, Iron 1 mg, Potassium 617 mg
Healthier than french fries, oven fries make a great snack or side to hamburgers.
Try with other seasonings, like paprika or oregano.