- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
Number of servings
- 1/2 cup white or brown rice
- 1 cup vegetables of your choice broccoli, green and red peppers, carrots, green onions, pea pods, onion, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken, beef or pork
- 2 Tbsp. sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil, your choice of chopped vegetables, cook for 3 minutes. Add your choice of meat. Cook for an additional 20 minutes until meat is cooked. Add your sauce/seasonings of choice continue to cook until sauce is heated.
- Place rice in bowl and top with vegetable/meat mixture.
- Add garnish and enjoy!
- Make a variety of flavors with this simple recipe. Here are a few ideas:Teriyaki Bowl use teriyaki glaze, stir-fry sauce or sesame ginger sauce and top with a garnish of sesame seeds.Sweet-and-Sour Bowl use sweet and sour sauce, garnish with sesame seeds or crushed tortilla chips.Cheeseburger Bowl use mushroom sauce or cheese sauce, garnish with chopped pickles.Pizza Bowl use tomato sauce with oregano and basil, garnish with chopped pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese.Source: Washington State University Extension
Easy, Fun and Free Recipe Videos - Featuring ingredients commonly found in New Hampshire food pantries!
In just 2 minutes, UNH Extension's nutrition educators help you turn simple ingredients into delicious meals. Watch our YouTube video for making Apple Walnut Breakfast Bowl.