- 15 minutes
Number of servings
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced (uncooked)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp. sage
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- pinch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
Cook time: 3-4 hours on high, 6-8 hours on low
- Wash hands with soap and water. Gently rub produce under cold running water and scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Add stock, garlic, carrot, apple, butternut squash, onion, sage, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg to slow cooker. Toss to combine.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high, or until squash is completely tender and mashes easily with a fork. Stir in milk.
- To puree, add about 2 cups of the soup into a blender at a time, cover the top and start the blender on the slowest setting to get started. Hot liquid expands so be very careful. Increase speed to blend until smooth. Continue until all the soup is pureed.
You can substitute sweet potato for butternut squash.