I like to eat this easy wrap recipe in the summer when it's too hot to cook on the stove.
- 15 minutes
Number of servings
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced or 1 small yellow onion
- 4 oz. low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 4 flour tortillas, 8 inch
- 1/4 cup low fat ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub broccoli and cauliflower under cold running water. Scrub carrots with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Shred and chop vegetables.
- In a large bowl, mix salad dressing or hummus with chili powder or red pepper.
- Add chopped vegetables and cheese. Stir until well mixed.
- Spoon 1/4 of the vegetable mixture into the center of each tortilla.
- Wrap each tortilla around the vegetable mixture.
Number of Servings 4, Serving Size 1 wrap, Calories 240, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 150 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Total Carbohydrates 27 g, Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 3 g, Includes 0 g Added Sugars, Protein 8 g, Vitamin D 0 mcg, Calcium 116 mg, Iron 0 mg, Potassium 149 mg
Serve with fruit salad or a fruit smoothie.
Adapted from University of Massachusetts, Cooperative Extension
If not serving right away, keep lettuce and cheese separate until ready to serve.