Mental Health Resources for New Hampshire

4 young adults

Mental health challenges have been increasing over the last few years. Approximately 1 in 5 adults live with a mental illness, and that rate is just slightly lower for youth ages 6-17 at 1 in 6 youth experiencing mental illness every year. In New Hampshire, over 200,000 adults have a mental health condition, and 15,000 adolescents (ages 12-17) have depression. Finding care and treatment for mental health conditions can be a challenge. New Hampshire residents face issues with cost and access to providers.

Navigating the many local, state and national resources can be challenging. To help, UNH Extension has created resource guides for each of the 10 counties in the state. These guides are designed for caregivers and supporters to help people experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge. They provide resources for people with emergent issues, as well as those in immediate crisis. Each guide includes local resources that provide mental health services, state resources and national resources and hotlines. These guides are one page (front and back), making them easy to print and hand out.

These resources were developed in part under grant #1H79SM08467101 from the FY2021 Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Mental Health Awareness Training Grant.

Lakes Region Mental Health Center Laconia Call 603-524-1100 or visit The Lakes RegionMental Health Center provides integrated mental and physical health care to children, adults, elders and their families who are living with – and recovering from – mental illness.
Community Action Program-Belknap-Merrimack Concord (Main Office) Call 603-225-3295,Laconia Call 603-524-5512, Franklin Call 603-934-7369, Warner 603-456-2207, Concord 603-225-6880, Suncook 603-485-7824 or visit
Winnipesaukee Public Health Network Laconia Call 603-528-2145 or visit
The Doorway at Concord Hospital Laconia Call 211. The Doorway can help people access substance useservices throughout the state, including peer recovery support services, medication-assisted treatment, recovery housing, workforce opportunities, and training and education.
Tilton Area Family Resource Center - Parent Information Center of NH Concord Call 603-224-7005, or visit
Tilton Vetrans Affairs Clinic Tilton Call 603-624-4366, ext. 3199 or visit


Northern Human Services Call 603-523-7100 or visit

  • Family Centered Early Supports and Services (FCESS) - Conway Call 603-447-4356
  • The Mental Health Center - Conway Call 603-447-2111
  • New Horizons (Developmental Services) - Conway Call 603-356-6921
  • New Horizons (Developmental Services) - Tamworth Call 603-323-2354 and 603-323-2302
  • The Mental Health Center - Wolfeboro Call 603-569-1884

Carroll County Public Health Network Ossipee Call 603-301-1252 or visit
Memorial Hospital Community Health Conway Call 603-447-8900 or visit
Vaughan Community Service North Conway Call 603-602-1801 or visit Food pantry services and childcare serves the greater communities of the Valley from Conway to Gorham and much of Carroll County.
Children Unlimited Inc. Conway Call 603-447-6356, ext III or visit
Conway Veterans Affairs Conway Call 800-892-8384, ext. 3199 or visit
Wakefield Food Pantry Wakefield Call 603-552-3094 or visit
Mt. Washington Valley Housing Coalition Conway Call 603-662-7003 or visit


Southwestern Community Services (SCS)  Keene  Call 603-352-7512  or visit
Monadnock Family Services (MFS)  Keene  Call 603-357-4400  or visit
The River Center Family and Community Resource Center  Peterborough  Call 603-924-6800.  For an on- call emergency  Call 603-526-5238  or visit
The Grapevine Family and Community Resource Center Antrim  Call 603-588-2620 or visit
Greater Monadnock Public Health Network  Keene  Call 603-354-5460  or visit
The Doorway at Cheshire Medical Center Keene  Call 211.
Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention, Inc  Keene  Call 603-352-3782  or visit
Keene Veterans Affairs Clinic  Keene  Call 603-358-4950  or visit


Northern Human Services(NHS)  Berlin  Call 603-752-1005  or visit NHS can assist and advocate for people affected by mental illness, developmental disabilities and related disorders in living meaningful lives.
Tri County Community Action (TCCAP)  Berlin  Call 603-752-3248  or visit CCAP can help with utility assistance, transportation, health & well-being for youth & families and seniors.
Coos County Family Health  Gorham  Call 603-446-2741,  Colebrook  Call 603-237-4262,  Berlin (Willow Street) Call 603-752-3669,  Berlin (Pleasant Street)  Call 603-752-2040,  Berlin (Page Hill Road)  Call 603-752-2900 or visit
The Family Resource Center  Gorham  Call 603-466-5190  or visit
North Country Public Health Network  Littleton  Call 603-259-3700  or visit
The Doorway at AVH  Berlin  Call 211. The Doorway can help people access substance use services including peer recovery support services, medication-assisted treatment, recovery housing, workforce opportunities, training and education.
RESPONSE - Domestic & Sexual Violence Support Center  Call 1-866 662-4200  (24 hour support line) Berlin  Call 603-752-5679,   Lancaster  Call 603-788-8195,  Colebrook  Call 603-237-5384  or visit
New Hampshire Coos County Service Link Resources Center  Call 866-634-9412,  Berlin  Call 603-752-6407. Disability and aging resource center for Seniors, Veterans and Adults with Disabilities providing a full scope of supported referrals.


Lakes Region Mental Health Center  Laconia and Plymouth  Call 603-524-1100  or visit
West Central Behavioral Health  Lebanon  Call 603-448-0126  or visit
Central New Hampshire Public Health Network  Plymouth  Call 603-536-9793  or visit
Upper Valley Public Health Network  Lebanon  Call 603-523-7100  or visit
North Country Public Health Network  Littleton  Call 603-259-3700  or visit
Northern Human Services  Conway  Call 603-447-3347  or visit
TLC Family Resource Center  Claremont  Call 603-790-3779  or visit
WISE of the Upper Valley  Lebanon  Call  the crises line at  866-348-9473 or text 603-836-9472 or visit
The Doorway at Dartmouth-Hitchcock  Lebanon  Call 211
Headrest  Lebanon  Call 603-448-4872  or  visit  Assisting those affected by substance use disorder.
Whole Village Family Resource Center  Plymouth  Call 603-536-3720  or visit
Tri County Community Action (TCCAP)  Call 603-968-3560  or visit TCCAP can help with utility assistance, transportation, health & well-being for youth & families and seniors.
RESPONSE - Domestic & Sexual Violence Support Center  Call 1-866 662-4200  (24 hour support line) Littleton  Call 603-575-5656,   or visit


The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester  Manchester  Call 603-668-4111  or visit
Greater Nashua Mental Health  Manchester  Call 603-889-6147  or visit
Center for Life Management  Derry & Salem  Call 603-434-1577  or visit
Families in Transition  Manchester  Call 603-641-9441  or visit
Greater Manchester Public Health Network  Call 603-624-6466  or visit
Greater Nashua Public Health Network  visit
The Doorway of Greater Manchester and The Doorway of Greater Nashua  Call 211.
The Farnum Center  Manchester  Call 603-622-3020  or visit
Makin It Happen Community Compass  Manchester  Call 603-836-6266  or visit
Easter Seals of NH  Manchester  Call 603-623-8863  or visit


Riverbend Community Mental Health (RCH) Concord Call 603-226-7505 or visit RCH is a private nonprofit organization providing specialized behavioral health services in central New Hampshire.

  • Emergency Services & The Doorway - Concord Call 833-710-6477
  • Choices - Concord Call 844-524-6673
  • Counseling Associates - Concord Call 603-228-1600
  • Children’s Programs - Concord Call 603-228-0547
  • Community Support Programs - Concord Call 603-225-0123
  • Franklin Office - Franklin Call 603-934-3400

Waypoint: A Family & Community Resource Center Concord Call 603-518-4000 or visit
Community Action Program Franklin Call 603-934-7369, Warner 603-456-2207, Concord 603-225-6880, Suncook 603-485-7824 or visit
Capital Area Public Health Network (CAPHN) Concord Call 603-224-2595 or visit
New Futures Concord Call 603-225-9540 or visit New Futures works to improve the health & well-being of all Granite Staters through public policy change and civic empowerment.
The Doorway at Concord Concord Call 211
Family Connections Center Concord Call 603-271-1926 or visit
Concord Veterans Affairs Clinic Concord Call 603-624-4366 or visit


Seacoast Mental Health Center Portsmouth Call 603-431-6703, Exeter Call 603-772-2710 or visit
Center for Life Management Derry and Salem 603-434-1577, for 24/7 acute care services Call 603-434-1577 option 1, or visit
Greater Seacoast Community Health - Families First Portsmouth Call 603-422-8208, Goodwin Community Health Somersworth Call 603-749-2346, Lilac City Pediatrics Somersworth & Portsmouth Call 603-749-2346, or visit
Austin 17 House Brentwood Call 603-770-6374 or visit A youth and family community center.
The Upper Room Derry Call 603-437-8477 or visit The Upper Room is a family resource center.
Seacoast Outright Portsmouth Call 603-552-5824 or visit A resource for LGBTQ+ youth.
The Derry Friendship Center Derry Call 603-432-9794 or visit The Friendship Center aims to reduce the stigma associated with substance use and provide a safe space for peer-based support.
Gather Portsmouth Call 603-436-0641 or visit Gather provides nutritious food and prepared meals to those experiencing hunger on the Seacoast in NH.
Haven Portsmouth & Epping Call 603-994-7233 (24 hour confidential support) or Call 603-436-4107 or visit Support for all people affected by domestic and sexual violence.


Community Partners Call 603-994-6357 or visit
Community Action Partnership of Strafford County Dover & Rochester Call 603-435-2500 or visit
Strafford County Public Health Network Call 603-519-9300 or visit Dedicated to providing quality developmental and mental health services for the families and individuals in Strafford County.
The Doorway Operated by Wentworth-Douglas Hospital Dover Call 211.
Goodwin Community Health Center Call 603-749-2346 or visit
The Triangle Club Dover Call 603-742-9803 or visit Offers peer-driven recovery support groups and a welcoming community that empower those who are powerless over substances.
Seacoast Outright Portsmouth Call 603-552-5824 or visit A resource for LGBTQ+ youth.
Granite Pathways - Safe Harbor Recovery Center Dover Call 603-570-9444 or visit Granite Pathways creates opportunities for individuals and families to achieve health and socioeconomic well-being, through a holistic approach.


West Central Behavioral Health - If you need immediate help, please call our 24/7 Mobile Crisis Response hotline at 1-833-710-6477, New Clients/Intake Line 603-542-5128 or visit

  • Newport - Newport Child & Family Services Call 603-863-1951
  • Newport - Adult Residential Services Arbor View Call 603-863-1785
  • Claremont - Adult Outpatient Services Call 603-542-2578
  • Claremont - Child & Family Services Call 603-542-5449

Southwestern Community Services Claremont Call 603-542-9528 or visit Find help with affordable housing, fuel assistance, Head Start and family assistance.
TLC Family Resource Center Claremont Call 603-542-1848 or visit
Greater Sullivan Public Health Network (In partnership with Dartmouth Health) Claremont visit
Turning Points Network Emergency Call 800-639-3130 24/7 or text 603-506-6553 M-F, 9am-4pm or visit Turning Points Network’s mission is to enhance the safety and well-being of victims and survivors of domestic and sexual abuse and stalking. Claremont Call 603-542-0155 and Newport Call 800-639-3130.
Greater Sulivan Strong Claremont Visit


NH Rapid Response Access Point Call or text 833-710-6477 or visit The Access Point can resolve your immediate crisis via phone, text, or chat.
NH Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence Call 866-644-3574 or visit The Coalition is the umbrella organization for twelve crisis centers. Each center provides services and supports to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and human trafficking, and is available 24/7.
NH Coalition to End Homelessness Call 603-264-9089 or visit to learn more.
NH Care Path Call 1-844-275-3447 or visit NHCarePath partners provide a range of information, assistance, and care including: caregiver resources, services for individuals who are aging or disabled, assistance with maintaining independent living, and mental health counseling.
NH Food Bank Call 603-669-9725 or visit The NH Food Bank has programs to empower people to learn new skills, enabling them to become more self-sufficient and improve their quality of life.
National Association of the Deaf Call 301--587-1788 TTY: 301-810-3182 or visit
NH Children’s Behavioral Health Collaborative (CSOC) Visit The CSO Advisory Council is a multi-disciplinary initiative fixing barriers and improving behavioral health outcomes for children, youth and their families.
Referral, Education, Assistance and Prevention Program (REAP) Call 866-634-9412 REAP is available to all older adults (60+ and their caregivers) in New Hampshire.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline   Call 988   for free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crises resources for you or your loved one. Or visit
Vet Center Call Center: Suicide Prevention Hotline, Text and Chat  Veterans and their loved ones can call 988 and press 1. Chat online at  or  text 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.
The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline   Call 1-833-852-6262   or visit The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline provides 24/7, free, confidential support before, during, and after pregnancy.
Trans Lifeline   Call 1-877-565-8860   or visit Trans Lifeline’s Hotline is a peer-support phone service run by trans people for our trans and questioning peers.
Disaster Distress Helpline (DDH)   Call or text 1-800-985-5990   or visit (DDH) is the first national hotline dedicated to providing year-round disaster crisis counseling. This toll-free, multilingual, crisis support service is available 24/7 to all residents in the U.S. and its territories who are experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
The Trevor Project   Call 1-866-488-7386 or text 678-678   or visit Here you can reach out to a counselor if you’re struggling, find answers and information, and get the tools you need to help someone else. If you are thinking about harming yourself — get immediate crisis support. Connect to a crisis counselor 24/7, 365 days a year, from anywhere in the U.S. The Trevor Project is 100% confidential and 100% free.
The LGBT National Help Center   Call 1-888-843-4564   or visit All of the support volunteers identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ family, and are here to serve the entire community, by providing free & confidential peer support, information, and local resources.
Al-Anon   Call 1-888-425-2666   or visit Al-Anon members are people, just like you, who are worried about someone with a drinking problem.
Alcoholics Anonymous Visit


Youth Mental Health First Aid Program Manager
Health & Well-Being Program Manager
Office: UNH Cooperative Extension, University Cooperative Extension, Rockingham County, Durham, NH 03824