Want to get to know your local Farmer? Here is a way to get to know your farmers by asking them a few simple questions- just print off the 10 Questions for Farmers sheet.
10 Questions to Ask the Farmers
- How do you recommend storing this fruit/vegetable?
- What is your favorite way to eat this fruit/vegetable?
- What kind of flavor does this fruit/vegetable have?
- Do you have any tips on how to get kids to eat this fruit/vegetable?
- What will be coming into season soon?
- Where is your farm? How long has it been in operation?
- Could you explain you’re farming practices?
- What is the best way to get the most out of this fruit/vegetable? (i.e. can all parts be eaten?)
- How long will this fruit/vegetable last in the refrigerator?
- Do you have any personal recommendations?